miércoles, 1 de abril de 2015

Chiron conjunct Ascendant in Synastry

Chiron is increasingly gaining more attention both in natal and synastry charts lately. Personally, I tend to consider it quite an important influence both from my studies on other charts and from the influence I have found it holds in my life and in my relationships.

In my personal chart it is quite an energetic point as it is the apex of my kite formation (non-sextiled planet), in my sixth house in Gemini. What I would like to talk about, however, is the influence it holds in my relationship with my husband.

My Chiron is conjunct his Ascendant nearly exact (less than 1 degree) and in our relationship pain is and has been an important theme. This aspect is reinforced by his Chiron conjunct my North Node, this time with a 4 degree orb, and Chiron opposite my Pluto (nearly exact, less than 1 degree).

With Chiron conjunct Ascendant the general agreement is that the way one person presents himself to the world will cause pain to or awaken insecurities in the other.

Chiron conjunct North Node on the other hand can relate to the Chiron person acting as a teacher for the North Node person, showing the direction in which he may grow or directly forcing the growth to happen. The means this growth occurs, however, can be quite painful and/or may be related to emotional suffering, painful self-exploration or painfully forced growth. Of course, there is a big difference in how both embrace and explore their Chiron and their North Node, as both influences are tricky and require quite a good knowledge of oneself for a positive and constructive expression.  

Chiron opposite Pluto may refer to a generational influence since Chiron and especially Pluto have long cycles throughout the celestial wheel. In my opinion, it could hint at pain that somehow unleashes some very basic urges arising from one's unconscious and/or repressed material. This can lead to much good as airing out Pluto issues is always helpful and can conduce to much self-acceptation and understanding. However, given that the energies are activated thru an opposition the process can be quite stressful at times and the interaction uneasy.

From my personal experience, in our relationship I have constantly felt belittled and somehow never enough. It is a faint feeling, present in a quiet way, I would say, as our day to day is generally pleasant and harmonious. The unfolding of things in our relationship has left me with this subterranean current of insecurity.

We have passed thru all the normal stages: dating, him staying at my place a lot, living together and eventually marriage thru a five year time span but somehow all these steps came to happen with emotional pain for me. At some point I sensed withholding from his side, doubt or reticence that were never verbalized and in fact contradicted his spoken behavior. 

After each stage I carefully analyzed our interaction for uneasiness with the situation or maybe for regrets and a desire to retrace our steps but it was never the case as each change seemed to contribute to an harmonious and progressive bonding.

Despite the good things in our relationship (and there are many indeed) this painful feeling has persisted within me but in a diffuse and subversive way. I have wondered at several points in our relationship: Why do I continue with this person? What is it that has me committed to working things out? Why do I tolerate such feelings when my previous attitude has always been to choose myself, first and foremost? (I have to mention I am not a masochist in the least).

My feelings seem to be quite philosophical (might be a consequence of Chiron trine Jupiter in my natal chart). The pain I feel seems somewhat cathartic and I don’t blame him for causing it since I see it as unintentional. I perceive it as intrinsic to him being how he is. I may not like the feeling, but looking back I can understand the value it held in me changing some of my attitudes that were not conducive to constructive results. It is a process and I can definitely remember times when it caused me much suffering, but at the same time I can’t identify something clearly defined that bothered me. It is a multitude of attitudes I can’t quite put my finger on that leave me feeling like this.

When I look at how the conjunction is lived from the Ascendant person’s perspective I know I have greatly challenged some of his attitudes and his manner or interacting with his environment. Sometimes it is voluntary but sometimes I feel that just by me living my daily life such as I understand it I make him feel lacking in some aspect or insecure.

This makes me think that the conjunction can work both ways and the pain and insecurity is shared. In our case I can say that it hasn’t been an easy journey but that it has caused us to be more true to our nature as individuals and more understanding and somewhat compassionate of the other person. I feel a strong pull towards my husband in en ethereal kind of way and many times I have felt that our relationship was fated. I cannot help feeling this way but my attitude towards this feeling is somewhat impaired and uneasy as it is a heavy and serious feeling.


Please let me know if you have ever experienced the Chiron conjunct Ascendant aspect in a relationship and what were the effects you felt in yourself and in your relationship. 

12 comentarios:

  1. I just met someone who shares this exact synastry aspect (my Chiron conjuncts his ASC). It's definitely painful considering I have a partner whom I have shared my life with for 2 years, yet this new person is coming into my life and it feels so amazing but I feel a sense of guilt for hurting my partner in any way. Of course, this new fling is a secret relationship with his Sun being in my 12th house, and it's a good time to take a break from the redundant experience I've had with my partner for the last 2 years.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I am the Violin, I don't know how your story continued after this post. I hope whichever way it went it was a growth experience for you. Being in this situation is never easy, no matter in what role you are in. Guilt is a heavy burden to carry in my experience but perhaps you can use it to understand why you need to have this experience in the first place? What is it that keeps you in the relationship with your partner? Perhaps is fear of loneliness? Abandonment? Confrontation with oneself? Sometimes we use other people to hide from what we don’t like about ourselves. Some wise words that have helped me over the years: the only person you have to live with no matter what is yourself, so do what you can so that you can be at peace with yourself. Hugs!

      Eliminar
  2. I just met someone who shares this exact synastry aspect (my Chiron conjuncts his ASC). It's definitely painful considering I have a partner whom I have shared my life with for 2 years, yet this new person is coming into my life and it feels so amazing but I feel a sense of guilt for hurting my partner in any way. Of course, this new fling is a secret relationship with his Sun being in my 12th house, and it's a good time to take a break from the redundant experience I've had with my partner for the last 2 years.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. What a timely read. You’ve articulated everything I’m feeling. My Chiron conjunct my partners ASC and I feel a deep sense of insecurity. I’ve never loved nor wanted to dedicate my life to someone like I do this man. However, he is reticent. It’s like what you said the actions don’t marry to the words. He tells me I’m his one true love (and I believe him) but I feel this hesitance for a commitment on his part. The amount of ups and downs I’ve gone through emotionally just by being with him have helped me to heal and grow. It’s definitely a contact for someone spiritually aware. He often jokes that he would have loved to have met me when we were younger but I know the intensity and growth that we experience together would have been a toxic relationship with the awareness and life experience we had as youngsters. I know we’ve come into each other’s lives at this point to heal and grow. I know that the insecurities belong to me and he’s not a game a player. There is an underlying despondency that comes from being with him but the love, friendship and general compatibility make up for my insecurities.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas

    1. Amanda, yes….as always it’s good to put everything in balance. All relationships have rough patches and sometimes the good adds up and sometimes, well, you just have to keep going. Awareness is probably the single most important quality to develop throughout life in my opinion. We start so unconscious of how we truly are and how we function…I am glad that you have met eachother when you can draw on your previous experience and perhaps be more comfortable and accepting of who you really are. Strong Chiron in synastry is like playing with knives…it’s so easy to cut yourself and the other if you don’t develop your ability by yourself.

      Eliminar
    2. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

      Eliminar
  4. So much similarity to our synestry charts. With much of the same feelings that you have described.
    My Chiron is conjunct his AC by a 5°orb.
    His Chiron is conjunct my North Node by a 5° orb.
    My Chiron is opposite his Pluto.
    And my Chiron is trine my Jupiter.
    I feel this as a fated relationship.
    Thank you for sharing.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Well, I red all of yours comments out of similarity with what I have in synastry with my only 7 months long relationship. My AC conj my man's Chiron by a 7 orb., his Chiron conj my NN by 8 orb and my Pluto and Uranus conj his NN. Also my Chiron is opposit his NN and square his Venus. What a mess! I don' t feel any pain. But he comlains that he feels that I am not honest and that I seam emotionaly cold and changed at times. And I am not doing anything and his compaints take me by surprise. I can't figure it out why he feels that way.

    ResponderEliminar
  6. My Ascendant is exactly conjunct my sister's Chiron in Virgo. Plainly, she's an abusive bitch to me. Always paranoid I will take her boyfriend from her, other people might like me *god forbid*, so she came with a great plan to humiliate me on every possible occasion. Survives on stealing my identity. Bad mouths. Schemes. Plays power games. A rock fact, and I have a third house Pluto to prove it.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. I just met an old friend from childhood and feel attracted instantly, is so strong that I cant recall feeling this way before.
    His quiron/NN conj my Asc/opp Pluto
    His NN conj my Quiron (opp sun)
    My NN conj. His Venus
    My venus conj his mars and viceversa.

    I feel his resistence although he is pulled to me, and I know he will bring me a lot of pain to my life (probably he feels the same way and thats why he comes and disappears).
    Its just the beggining..I dont know yet if our friendship will become a romantic relation as we are both very independent and loners (neither of us has water in our charts).
    So far, this person makes me feel alive, I cant stop thinking of him and the attraction is so powerful I cant recognize myself. He plays out the cool side showing his insecurities around me.

    ResponderEliminar